Special tour "Safari"
Accommodation in Ashgabat is in 3* hotel, the remaining 7 nights in a tent. Meals are included on the entire tour, in order to facilitate timely product supplies. Transport is by 4-wheel drive vehicles, while minibus transport is used only in Ashgabat.
If you are willing to sacrifice the comfort of a bed, and are keen to experience unique landscapes, this tour is our recommendation for you.
Turkmenistan Safari Special (10 days) departure 1
Standard tour dates 28 May – 06 June 2022
Standard tour dates 27 May – 05 June 2023
Turkmenistan Safari Special (10 days) departure 2
Standard tour dates 27 August – 05 September 2022
Standard tour dates 26 August – 04 September 2023
Day: 1 Arrival Ashgabat
Arrival in Ashgabat by air (evening D1 or early morning D2, depending on airline used) or overland from Iran at Bajgiran-Gaudan land border. Transfer to hotel. Overnight.
Day 2: Ashgabat - Kopetdag
09:00h Departure from hotel lobby for city tour, including visits of Independence Park, Neutrality Arch, Ferris Wheel, Wedding Palace Viewpoint. Afternoon drive out of the city into the Kopetdag Mountains, with visits of Turkmenbashi Mosque-Mausoleum and Geok Depe Mosque on the way. Camp dinner and overnight in tents in the foothills of the Kopetdag, with a view on Peak Dushak Eretdag (24:50m).
Day 3: Kopetdag-Moon Mountains
We drive the short distance to Kowata cave where those interested can take a swim in the mineral-rich waters of the underground lake. We carry on through the foothills and valleys of the mountains to the peculiar grey mounts that are widely known as Moon Mountains. Picnic lunch on the way. Camp dinner and overnight in tents in the Moon Mountains area.
Day 4: Moon Mountains-Cheleken
A drive of several hours takes us to Gumdag. Not far from here we visit the extinct mud volcano of Boyadag. Those who wish, can make the 30-minute climb to the top and back. We then carry on to Balkanabad, where we stay for the night.
Day 5: Cheleken-Yangisuw
We drive towards YNGISUW Canyons, with a stop at Mollagara where you can to a swim in the Salt Lake. The phenomenon is the same as the Dead Sea. From here we drive several hours across the highland plateau to the coastal cliffs of the Garabogaz. You can continue to Yangisuw Canyon on foot or by 4x4. Picnic lunch on the way. Camp dinner and overnight in tents in Yangisuw area.
Day 6: Yangisuw-Koymat
We drive the short distance from Yangisuw to Yangikala Canyon. Time to explore the canyon area. From Yangikala we drive in several hours to the white cliffs of Koymat. Picnic lunch on the way. Camp dinner and overnight in tents in Koymat area.
Day 7: Koymat-Balishem
Today we travel along the white cliffs and the banks of the dried-up Uzboy River to the desert settlement of Balishem. We pass several traditional villages on the way. Picnic lunch on the way. Camp dinner and overnight in tents in the dunes near Balishem.
Day 8: Balishem-Darwaza
We start with a long drive northwards, passing several villages, until we reach the cliffs of Akchagaya. Close to sunset we reach Darwaza. Picnic lunch on the way. Camp dinner and overnight in tents near Darwaza crater.
Day 9: Darwaza-Ashgabat
Today we travel over tarmac in 4 hours back to Ashgabat. Lunch is free. This afternoon is free to do some souvenir shopping or visit any further city sights. After our traditionally Turkmen farewell dinner we make a city-by-night tour through the post-independence district and the main avenues of downtown Ashgabat, with stops at the Neutrality Arch, Ferris Wheel and the Wedding Palace Viewpoint.
Day 10: Departure Ashgabat
Transfer to airport or overland border with Iran at Gaudan-Bajgiran land border post.
4 pax and more
- Visa support (Letter of Invitation, State Registration, Travel Pass)
- Airport and train station transfers as mentioned in the table under “program”
- Overland transport as per program per AC vehicles as in the table under “itinerary”; 1-3 passengers per regular sedan car; 4-7 passengers per regular minibus; 1-4 passengers per jeep
- Accommodation based on twin-shared hotel room, including breakfast as in the table under “accommodation”
- Accommodation based on private trekking tent, including sleeping mat, sleeping bag and pillow, including breakfast as in the table under “itinerary”
- Fixed meals (lunch and/or dinner) where such meals are otherwise unavailable, indicated in table under “meals”
- English-speaking local guide-interpreter services as mentioned in the table under “guide”
- Entrance fees to sites mentioned in the table under “program” (museum visits are excluding guided museum tour)
- Bottled drinking water en route 1,5l pppd
- Bottled drinking water en route 1,5 l pppd extra on hiking and safari tours
- Early check-in (before 13:00 on first day of tour) and/or late checkout (after 12:00 on last day of tour) of hotel accommodation in Ashgabat. Price on request.
- Darwaza trip with return to Ashgabat (overland transport to Ashgabat; overnight in 3* standard tourist hotel, airport transfer Ashgabat, flight to Dashoguz and airport transfer in Dashoguz to connect with main group)
- Turkmenistan tourist visa up to 10 days, from 85+4 USD per person, when obtained at Ashgabat Airport (subject to change and nationality-dependent)
- Turkmenistan tourist visa with validity of 11-20 days, from 105+4 USD per person, when obtained at Ashgabat Airport (subject to change and nationality-dependent)
- Turkmenistan migration tax 10+4 USD per person, to be paid at Ashgabat Airport or any other point of entering Turkmenistan territory (subject to change)
- Meals not indicated in itinerary-program table
- Soft drinks and alcoholic drinks
- Camera usage fees in historical parks and museums
- Tips for local guides and drivers
- Souvenirs and other personal items
- All other charges and services not mentioned under “Services included in tour and extension tour prices”
Deadline for sign-up 2022 24 April 2022
Deadline for sign-up 2022 24 July 2022
Deadline for sign-up 2023 23 April 2023
Deadline for sign-up 2023 23 July 2023